Monday, February 23, 2015

The CN Tower & 360 Restaurant

Sometimes when you live in or near a big city, you don't necessarily do all the usual big attractions. When Cam and I started dating, we both discussed how we would like to go up the CN Tower one day because I hadn't been since I was a kid and Cam had never been! For Christmas this year, Cam surprised me with a gift card for the Tower and I decided to use it to take him up for a special 30th birthday lunch at the 360 Restaurant this past weekend.

PS- Lunch is a much better deal than dinner, but both of us were discussing coming back sometime in the summer during the evening to see the city all lit up. I was worried that it would be poor visibility on Sunday, but it was pretty good! And it certainly wasn't busy due to the snow and cold, which was nice!



The restaurant rotates around the top of the CN tower and take about 72 minutes to do a full rotation, so you get some amazing views of the lake and the city. Lots of fun trying to find landmarks and name streets.


My condo is in this shot ;)
I had informed the restaurant when I booked that it was Cam's 30th birthday, and they decorated his dessert all pretty!! Isn't that nice? The service was great there.


After dinner we went down to the observation deck and the glass floor. The observation deck is outdoors so we just made a quick loop (brr!) since we had seen the view from the restaurant already. The glass floor was actually kind of busy so I can't imagine how crazy it must be during the high season! I liked that the aquarium roof was decorated with the glass floor in mind!


Then we took the elevator (where there is also a glass floor!) down and made the short walk back to the condo (I actually live just a 5 minute walk away). It really was a fun little excursion playing tourist in our own city and hopefully we can do it again! I've always wanted to take one of those city tour buses...

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you guys finally made it up there and got to enjoy dinner! It looks like a wonderful winter date. :) And is it just me, or is this the first appearance of Cam on your blog? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the Edgewalk this summer - then when you're done you can go abck up to the observation deck :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover