Tuesday, December 30, 2014

New Shower Head!

One of my favourite updates in the old condo was installing a dual-shower head with various settings. In fact, I loved that shower head so much, it was the first thing on my list to Santa this Christmas! And he came through for me! I really like this particular shower head (Moen Refresh 25013), because it is SO easy to install. Literally took me 5 minutes to take off my old shower head (which was a leaky, terrible little thing), and screw this new one on! It is also really inexpensive, and easy to remove and take with you if you are a renter. Winner winner chicken dinner.


Ta-da! All ready for a spa-like retreat in my own bathroom.

In other update news...I got a new-to-me TV! My dad had a 32 inch flatscreen just hanging out in his basement, and I claimed it for my own to replace my 27 inch. I think it looks very nice! Programming my universal remote was a whole other issue, but now everything is working smoothly and I am enjoying my larger and better quality TV viewing. My condo has cable included and I am also enjoying all the extra channels I have now!


Lastly, I hung my old mirror (that used to be over my couch), over my bed! I have this rule right now where I am not putting any holes in the wall until I paint, but this mirror was constantly in the way due to all those spindles so I quickly hung it up a couple of weeks ago. I really like it in this place and I think it will stay here. I really cannot WAIT to paint, but the holidays were crazy so it kept getting put off. January goal! I know some people say you should paint last so everything goes together, but I am going with fairly neutral colours so I am not concerned.


Ever wonder what the view from the bedroom is?


Yup. the condo next door. But you know what? I actually don't mind because it is SO quiet at night. I can't get over how peaceful it is in there at the end of a long day. My old place overlooked a busy intersection and streetcar tracks (where the streetcars TURNED too), but my new condo is so quiet, even though it is close to the road! I'm loving it. I also found out that the screen in this window came out so I gave it a good scrub this weekend. So much nicer without 10+ years of dirt staring back at me every time I open the blinds.

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover