Monday, June 23, 2014

Niagara Falls

This past weekend my friend and I took a girls' road trip down to Niagara Falls for some rest and relaxation! We left Saturday morning and arrived at the new outlet mall just outside Niagara Falls around 11am. The next 3-4 hours were devoted to shopping, shopping and shopping. It is what we do best :)

At 3pm we checked into the Courtyard Marriott Hotel and then scooted right out to our spa treatment at Sweet Escape Spa. The spa is a little bit out of the way, and the hotel it is in seems kind of sketchy, but OH MY GOD it was so good. We each got the mini sweet escape package, which included a full body massage, an aromatherapy facial, and a foot mask. The massage was a glorious hour of relaxation. I wasn't expecting much of the other two, but the facial was so relaxing- exfoliation, essential oils, mud mask, and facial massage and the foot mask was also pretty awesome with a hot stone massage and creams. The whole treatment took almost 2.5 hours and was only $140. Perfect way to relax after a long day of shopping.

Not Pictured: Mud Masks

For dinner that night we went down to the Keg as our hotel package included a $40 gift certificate and a coupon for two free cocktails. I ate a ridiculous amount of food. I probably gained back all my lost weight in that one meal and I couldn't even finish it!

After dinner we walked along Clifton Hill and had some fun at the arcade. We ended up winning about 740 tickets at various games, which won us two stuffed animals and some stickers. Oh ya, we know how to party! We also decided to be touristy (even though we've both been to Niagara Falls before) and went to the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum




Sunday we filled up on breakfast buffet (also included in our hotel cost!), and then went for a walk down to the falls. On the way back we stopped for some delicious nerds ice cream that I had been craving since I saw the stand the night before (Steph got Dip'n Dots). Then we left Niagara and stopped in at another outlet mall on our way back to the city. Because, you know, one day of shopping isn't enough for us.



It was SUCH a fun and relaxing weekend- though I think my Visa got quite a workout with all that shopping and spa-ing. Also, I think I have enough pants now for life. Don't let me buy anymore pants!


Niagara Falls is such a perfect weekend getaway as it is only about an hour and a half from Toronto! Plus the weather was just perfect this weekend (the outlet malls were at least outdoor ones...so let's pretend we were actually out enjoying it). There are so many fun things to do! And our hotel was only about $150 with parking included, but we saved $70 through the coupons they offered in our package (and basically didn't eat elsewhere), so without the shopping and spa it would have been quite the budget weekend away from the city. Great way to start the summer!

2 comments:

  1. I love going to the falls, I always forget though how lucky we are to live so close. It is the perfect girls weekend away, I may have to plan my next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niagara is the biggest tourist trap and I'm SUCH a sucker for it! So much fun! You picked a great weekend to go too. The weather was awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover