Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bathroom DIY Artwork

I needed some sort of art for the remaining wall in the bathroom (because I have a deep rooted fear of blank walls), but I haven't been able to decide exactly what I want so I decided to see if I could make something with what I had on hand! I went down to the locker and found an old wood frame that used to house a bunch of pictures of me and my friends. It was dark wood, which isn't my favourite, and it also had no glass so it isn't the best choice for a damp bathroom.

This is the only "before" pic I have
So to take care of one of those problems, I gave up on the concept of pictures and I decided to just use it as more of an interesting frame. I painted it gold, which I think ties in nicely to the warm tones in the tile and shower curtain. I actually just used gold craft paint from the dollar store- no sanding, priming, or nutin!! I have no idea if it will last, but I just went slowly with thin layers.

I then stapled some material in the center for interest. I love the frame- not the material (which also ended up super crooked. D'oh!). So I am going to keep an eye out for some material that might suit this area a little better. It sits so close to the shower curtain that I didn't want them competing.





4 comments:

  1. You're so creative! Silly question: what's the best way to hang photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute and simple idea, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So creative! I like the fabric you chose for that middle section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like it too (it was a napkin actually!), but I dont think it is quiiiite right for the space

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover