Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Weekend In the Country

I don't mean to be so MIA lately, but you will just have to get used to less blog posts from me because I am so busy! Lots of travel and plans and it is all fun stuff so I am not really complaining. Last weekend I headed out to Shawville, QC with my friends Jeni and Brandon, who are getting married this summer! You may remember I was out there last fall with both of them for the Shawville Fair. It was a long drive, but I was just a passenger in the car.

On Saturday the bride and I (I am her maid of honour!) had two showers to attend. They were both very lovely, but I don't have any photos because I really hate experiencing events behind a camera and I was quite happy to chat with all the ladies who attended and eat the delicious food prepared by the hosts.

On Saturday night we were invited to a BBQ for the younger folk. What the couple didn't know was this was a surprise sexy shower for them, hosted by her two best friends! We had so much fun, complete with inappropriately shaped foods.
There was another cake that I can't picture here!
Besides gifts to open and games to play, there were also adorable 4 week old puppies to play with! They were English Bulldogs and just the cutest pile of rolls that I have ever held. I debated kidnapping one.



After we put the puppies to bed and had our fill of food, we went out to the backyard for a big bonfire. It was a great night and I definitely enjoyed having the chance to sleep in the next morning!


Sunday was just relaxing on the deck before driving the long way home. It was a great weekend and so much fun to get back out to the country again. This weekend I am flying out to Boston, so the traveling is not letting up any time soon!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun times Casey ENJOY - ops - you ARE! I recall those years (I sound old) of lots of showers and wedding planning...sooo much fun! Now I can live vicariously through your blog. Yay! Thanks for sharing. The puppies are adorable!
    xo Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh, the puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute puppies and love the cake!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover