Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Cottaging

This past week I packed up my laziest clothing, said "Sayonara!" to my office early and headed out with my friend for a 7 hour drive to a cottage! Why so far for a weekend? It was our friend's bachelorette party!  All three of us used to live together in University so we had to be there to celebrate her last days as a single lady!

The drive out was fairly uneventful. It was a beautiful day, but we only stopped to grab some grub and put gas in the car- our goal was to make it there by 9pm! We did keep an eye out for the Big Apple, because we had heard there was now a face painted on it! True fact- when I was a kid I thought people going to "The Big Apple" were literally going to get some pie at this place. Didn't know about New York sharing the name (though this apple is better).



The most eventful part of the drive was when we saw this deer on the road! We were almost there and so focused on our 9pm arrival goal and then all of a sudden we saw this deer at the top of the hill, surrounded by the sunset. It came from nowhere!

We made it by 9pm! Go us! We spent Friday night being classy.
Stolen from my friend:)

The Saturday was spent lying in the sun on the dock! I also barbequed for the first time in my life (I know- that is sad). It went well and no one got food poisoning!

Stolen from my friend:)
I did not get into the water at all either. It is June...I just don't trust Canadian lakes not to freeze off my butt this early in the season.











Saturday night we had a great party for the bride- lots of food and games including Kiss the Stud (poster on the wall you had to kiss blindfolded), Guess the Panties (we all brought in a pair that best represented us and the bride had to guess whose was whose), charades, and the Newlywed Game (bride has to guess the answers the groom gave about their relationship).
Stolen from my friend:)




Stolen from my friend:)

Stolen from my friend:)




All in all it was a great weekend and I was so glad to get out of the city and into some fresh air, if only for a day! Thank you so much to the girls for arranging everything and inviting me!! I can't wait to see everyone again at her wedding!

11 comments:

  1. The big apple! It reminds me off going to visit my grandma in Ottawa. But, hey! Is that a dig about this other Big Apple?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this big apple has a petting zoo and pie! how can new york top that?

      Delete
  2. Looks like an amazing place & that you had an awesome time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks like a really amazing b-party. I'd love to have a place like that to get away to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Casey I love this post!!! It was such an amazing weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annnnnnnd now I want to go camping. Forever (or until it snows again).

    Looks like you all had a really great time hanging out, celebrating an just enjoying the time at the lake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had an amazing time! I LOVE the cake!! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt it awesome? One of the girl's friend did it! The inside tasted like a brownie. mmm

      Delete
  7. I thought you could get apple pie at the big apple too! I love it's new face :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! Somehow I missed this post! Maybe too groggy the Monday after? lol I had such an incredible weekend. Thank you SO much for coming! Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover