Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bathroom Paint Colour

I am trying to decide what colour to paint my bathroom. I know I want something bold, but I am still waffling on what route to exactly go. I think I am leaning towards a deep turquoise. The condo is all so light and airy, so I feel like the bathroom is a good place to add some personality and shock factor.

Inspiration:

Via

Via

Via
I decided to bust out the old photoshop software to see if I could envision this colour in my tiny place.

Before:

After:


Please excuse my poor photoshopping; It's not like a took a course in this or anything *coughcough*

So what do you think about bold turquoise? Any other ideas? I already have navy and grey in the condo so I don't want that and I think I am really feeling a jewel tone in here.

For funsies, I also did a purple colour.

And then I went ahead and did plum and pink :)


For the record, I am pretty sure hot pink will clash with my beige tile, but a girl can dream, right?

15 comments:

  1. I think in this space, because it's already small + doesn't have windows(natural light) that you'll be able to do pretty much any deeper hue you want. My question is: do you plan on revamping all your bathroom accessories too (towels, shower curtain etc)? If not, I'd go with something that can coordinate with what you have — if you are revamping then you've got all kinda of free reign.

    I really like the dark teal/turq but I am biased ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya Im going to replace all that. Right now it is pretty neutral, however

      Delete
  2. The dark turquoise looks awesome! That's my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need photoshop skillz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a course but forgot everything. Now I just google and follow tutorials!

      Delete
  4. I think you should go a bit more blue and a bit more dark on the turquoise (I hate typing that damn word)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya it was more turquoise at home...on my mac now it looks green. yuck. haha
      and I couldnt figure out how to make it darker. I was doing a layover with a solid colour that I changed to overlay. Otherwise it looked like MS paint!

      Delete
  5. I like the turquoise in your first inspiration pic! Do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need to bust out some paint samples. WHY do they cost $6 each?? bah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the turquoise! I think it will look great in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, they're $6 there?! That sucks! I think they're $2.98 here.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover