Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Notice Some Changes?

I made some changes to the blog that I have been wanting to make forever and I am so excited to finally share them with you! They went live last night, but since many people read blogs through RSS feeds, or because they only check my blog in the mornings when I post, I don't think anyone noticed yet :)

As I have mentioned before, I have a certificate in Digital Media Skills from the Ontario College of Art and Design. But, unfortunately, I took most of the courses before starting this blog and due to never using my newly learned skills, I forgot how to do everything. So I hired out the re-do of this blog to my lovely, and more talented, friend, Lisa (who runs a small ebook publishing and publicity business- check it out here). Lisa did an amazing job and I definitely owe her for this!

We got together yesterday to finally implement all the changes and designs she had worked on and then we collaborated on how to best "streamline" the site to make it more user friendly (and pleasing to the eye!). I still have a bunch of stuff to do on my end, but I am so happy that it is almost there! I think an update has been a long time coming.

The best part? A New Header!!

Lisa first showed this to me ages ago, but we could never agree on the photo to use. She ended up pulling this one from an old blog post and we both loved the colours so it is the definite winner. I may change it up over time, but I love the header format that she built for me. Much more my style :)

I also got new subscribe/follow buttons on the right that should make it more clear how to best follow me on other platforms and to get in touch with me. I mean, who doesn't want to follow my every move? :) Lisa also said she can add in new ones if I ever move to more social media sites. But honestly, trying to keep up with my Twitter bloggers/friends is enough work for me! Haha

Lastly, we changed out the background and tidied up the tabs at the top. Just minor stuff, but it really makes a difference in the appearance of the whole blog. I plan to continue cleaning up my side bar and probably redoing some of my tabs so they are more relevant and up to date. If anyone would like to be added to my blogroll, please let me know!

I hope you all enjoy! Thank you Lisa!!

8 comments:

  1. Looks great! I always feel like I've "cleaned house" when I update my blog layout or make changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure! I love updating blogs! Next to work on that signature...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm in love with the new header, it's awesome and so you.

    I so need to do an update on my blog, I've just been slacking lately. I need a friend like Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great!! I love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couldn't help but notice the new header....the little owl really stands out...super cool!!! Great Job!!!
    Angele

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover