Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Guess What's Here!

It is in a mysterious, giant box...

IT'S MY NEW VANITY COUNTERTOP!


Yay!! I am so excited! I got the call last week that it was ready at Home Depot for pick up (it was a special order) and I finally got the chance last night to rope my dad into helping me pick it up (Thanks Dad!).

I was sooo nervous that it was not going to be the right size, because it needs to be exact or it won't fit into the alcove that the vanity sits in. So when the Home Depot associate rolled it out I asked them to open the box so I could see that it was right and that it was the right size. I whipped out my measuring tape and was so happy to see that it was exactly 33.5" across! Now I only have to worry about whether I measured right :S

I don't know when I will get time to install it, what with getting my wisdom teeth out this weekend and then my summer of CRAZY starts (I am away practically every weekend), so for now the box will be a lovely decoration in my hallway. But hey- step one of the bathroom renovation is complete!

Now who wants to come help me install this? :)

8 comments:

  1. Oooh pretty! Can't wait to see it in place (whenever you get around to it). I am hearing up for a summer of crazy too — we're already away almost every weekend already, add vacation + family events + more hours at work and yeah... I doubt there will be much DIY going on until September ha!

    Good luck with your wisdom teeth, I've heard if they're just getting pulled its not as bad as the full blown oral surgery version for impacted/still submerged in the jaw wisdoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no, they havent ruptured so I think they have to open the gum and break them to get them out. Luckily the two I am getting out are not impacted so hopefully its smooth sailing!! My top ones are impacted, but were too close to my nasal cavity so they are staying in....for now :S

      Delete
  2. I'll help! - but have no experience and know nothing about it...I can drink wine and give someone who DOES know, my expert advice. LOL Good luck with the wisdom teeth! Getting them done in Pickering? Staying with anyone :( ? Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha this job already has ME as the wine drinking supervisor!

      Yup, staying with Dad for a bit. needed someone to bring me my ice cream

      Delete
  3. Oh - exciting!
    I can't wait to see it installed.

    Don't worry too much about your wisdom teeth - I had all four of mine done at the same time, and while I was sore for a few days I didn't have much swelling or anything. Icecream, jello, yoghurt, and pudding are all good foods for the first day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man...getting my wisdom teeth out was one of the worst experiences of my life! I hope your experience is more like Michelle's above. I had an allergic reaction to the anesthesia, so when I woke up I couldn't keep anything down for an entire day. That included pain meds. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my biggest fear because everyone in my family has that reaction to anesthesia! Im hoping they will give me a relaxant and local freezing instead

      Delete
    2. I would find out what anesthesia makes everyone in your family react poorly, and then tell the oral surgeon. Hopefully, they can recommend a better way for you!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover