Monday, October 29, 2012

Cooking with Casey: Shortbread Cookies

I am at the Ontario Tax Conference today (I know...be jealous) so I am busting out my well worn Betty Crocker cookbook to share another favourite recipe of mine: shortbread cookies!

Now, I am a true blue sugar cookie fan, but the thing I love about shortbread is that you only need three ingredients! And I am always out of eggs so that also works in my favour. Woohoo!

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Makes about 2 dozen cookies

3/4 cup butter or margarine (softened).
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups of all-purpose flour

Heat oven to 350F

In a large bowl, stir butter and sugar until well mixed. Stir in flour. At this point, I always find my dough too dry so I usual add butter until you can easily mold it in your hands.

Roll out on lightly floured tray until about 1/2 inch thick. Make sure you flour your rolling pin too!

Cut out into amazing shapes like T-rexes, elephants, martini glasses, airplanes, etc and then lay on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.

If you somehow screw up (we've all been there), slather in icing. Trust me, no one will be the wiser ;)



 Seriously, my decorating skills astound me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover