Wednesday, September 19, 2012

There is a Project in the Works!

I have been working on a big project this week, but it ain't quite ready to come out and show off yet! But I will give you some hints!!

It involves a little of this:

That looked a little like this:


Hmmm....wonder where I am going with this??

Well let me take you back to the beginning before I explain. Basically, I heard that Benjamin Moore was offering chalkboard paint in ALL their colours. I quickly tweeted them to see if it was available in Canada and it WAS! Heck yes to equality of the countries for once!!

However, all the Benjamin Moore dealers in Toronto are fairly inaccessible to lazy Caseys and I didn't really put much thought into it other than "I want some chalkbord paint". Then one day I was coming home from some random far-off errand and I saw a Benjamin Moore Store out the bus window! Ding Ding! I am getting off!

I went in having NO idea what colour I wanted, but I eventually settled on a navy, because I have had a recent love affair with navy and I wanted some in my condo. Of course that only narrowed it down somewhat, but eventually I settled on Hale Navy because it seemed deep and moody, while still being blue and not black.

So I finally bought my chalboard paint and I knew where I wanted to put it! Crazy how it took me years to pick a paint colour for the condo but I picked my chalkboard paint colour in 10 minutes flat? I'm weird like that.

I guess you are wondering what I am painting with this, but you will have to wait until tomorrow for THAT reveal ;)

3 comments:

  1. Let me guess, a chalkboard backsplash in your kitchen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be cool, but I already have a tile backsplash so nope!

      Delete
    2. Darn! The hallway is cool, though!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover