Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I got a Liebster Award!!

The fun part about blogging is getting to know random people from all over the world. I am slowing but surely making some friends who will totally let me crash on their couch when I travel around the world (haha). Actually, just last week I met The Bloggess at her book signing!! Her book is hilarious and it was really exciting to meet some as quirky as me! Ok, that is a lie- she is way cooler and quirkier than me. But she follows me on Twitter, so I must have something fun to offer!



In other news, the wonderful Nessa over at Isle Style Living nominated me for the Liebster Award! It is my first award for my blog...my parents are gonna be so proud.


Liebster : a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome

Basically, Nessa nominated 5 people and gave us all 11 questions to answer. Then I am supposed to nominate other blogs with under 200 followers and ask my own questions.

I don't follow a lot of small blogs, so I am going to nominate the following:

Helen at Seaside Interiors
Linda at My Crafty Home Life
Nette at This Dusty House
Mrs. GI at The Great Indoors
Lisa at Upset Apple Cart

I am actually kind of shocked to realize these blogs have under 200 readers because they are awesomesauce and I always visit them for inspiration!

If you've been nominated you can do your own post, or just reply in the comments because I would love to hear your answers! Heck, even if you don't have a blog you can respond!

Here are my questions for you:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What is your ideal first date?
3. What is your favourite childhood memory?
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. What was the last thing you bought for the home?
6. If you could be more knowledgeable in one subject, what would it be?
7. What would you say is your biggest weakness?
8. What is your favourite food and when did you last eat it?
9. What is your leave favourite household chore
10. Do you have any fears?
11. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

And now, I will answer the questions that Nessa came up with for me!

1. Who is your hero and why?
I don't know if I have a true hero. I more try to focus on people who I find to be successful in a certain area (family, work, charity, etc) and I try to emulate them. I found this quote on Pinterest and it said "Live in such a way that if someone spoke badly of you- no one would believe it". So I try to do that and I admire people that I think have accomplished this! Oh, and my parents. They are my heroes too. Mostly cause they managed to raise me into somewhat of a normal person:)

2. If you could have any super power what would it be?
I would love to be invisible. I would TOTALLY spy on people. But not people who know me, cause what they say behind my back could be traumatizing. Still working on #1^

3. If you could erase something from your past without it changing who you are today, would you do it?
If I can be totally selfish here and not warn people about disasters or save people from death and disease, I would go back to University and be more outgoing. I was very shy and I stayed in my dorm a lot and I didn't meet people. In fact, I only made a few good friends in my last year (besides the awesome girls I lived with 2nd-4th year and who I was able to woo by being with every day). I really regret missing out on that time in my life.

4. Would you be able to live "off the grid" (no modern technology) for a week? A year? 
A week, yes. A year? I don't know.  I could easily go camping for a week with no cell phones or other electronics. And I have travelled for weeks at a time with no internet or phone! Heck, I even cancelled my cable last year (for a whole year!) just for kicks.
5.  What's the craziest trend you've ever tried?
When I was in the 3rd grade my friends and I tried to make this new hairstyle where half your hair is up and the other down. Or something like that. We totally thought we were trendsetters and we could make this catch on. Sadly, it did not. haha
6. Where was your favorite vacation?
I would have to say my trip to Europe last fall. We planned everything so well, but we were flexible on actual activities in each city- so it was so much fun and little stress! We went to Oktoberfest in Munich, A small town in the Netherlands, Amsterdam, Brussels, and Paris!

7. If you're an only child, did you ever wish for siblings? If you have siblings, did you ever wish to be an only child?
My brother was a pain in my rear as a kid, but I don't remember ever wishing I was an only child (I am SURE my parents remember otherwise!) But I am so happy to have him now as an adult!
8. What would you do if you won a million dollars?
My coworker and I discuss this all the time (I think I've agreed to buy him a new car if it happens. He is going to buy half a house for me. I totally am winning in this deal) and I really don't know what I would do. I would probably put it in the bank and then ignore it for fear of doing the wrong thing.

9. Do you vote?
Sure do! The voting station is actually IN my building, so I would be amazingly lazy not to go.

10. What was your favorite school subject?
Yearbook! In high school I was a copy editor for the yearbook (it was an actual course that ran all year and counted as credit) and I just loved it! So much fun!

11. Why did you start blogging?
Tough one. I read about 20 blogs or more and I love them. After awhile I though "you know, I could do this too if I wanted". It seemed like such a great community to be in! Yes, my blog has only 5 followers, but a lot of my friends and family read it too! I love the comments and suggestions and I love all the work I have done on my home since I started only 6 months ago. It really pushes me to do things and I treat it like a hobby! It can be challenging to find 5 things a week to write about, but somehow I keep on trucking!

3 comments:

  1. DONE AND DONE!
    http://upset-applecart.blogspot.ca/2012/08/liebster-awards-are-for-cool-people.html

    ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!

    1. Why do you blog?
    I started as a way to track my running progress. Now? No running. Mostly just about life in general. I get sidetracked really easily.

    2. What is your ideal first date?
    "That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket."

    3. What is your favourite childhood memory?
    Spending time with my grandpa. He taught me so many things during my summers with my grandparents. He passed away when I was 9 but I remember so much about him! He taught me how to make pancakes, ride a bike, play the guitar, count to ten in Japanese... he was so AWESOME!

    4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
    Hmmmm... Anywhere? Dubai. Pictures look amazing!

    5. What was the last thing you bought for the home?
    A book shelf from Target.

    6. If you could be more knowledgeable in one subject, what would it be?
    Literature. I wish I spent more time learning about classic English Literature than financial statements and accounting rules.

    7. What would you say is your biggest weakness?
    I'm lazy. Very very lazy.

    8. What is your favourite food and when did you last eat it?
    Red rice and kelaguen. Kelaguen is a Chamorro (from Guam) dish made from chicken, green onions, lemon juice, and shredded coconut. Red rice is seasoned with adobo and cooked with onions and bacon. I'm drooling right now! I haven't had any in over 2 years since my family got together for my wedding.

    9. What is your leave favourite household chore
    Washing dishes/cleaning the kitchen. HATE IT.

    10. Do you have any fears?
    I'm afraid of dogs. And as a new parent I'm afraid of the world. Not really, but I worry about everything now days!

    11. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    A lot.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover