Monday, August 20, 2012

House Tour {Rome Wasn't Built in a Day}

I know a couple of months ago I showed the rooms I had growing up, but recently I found photos of when I first moved into my condo!! Ah, such fun!! So I thought I would do a little before and after today to show how far I've come. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was this condo. Who knows how awesome it might become in another 3 years!

When I first moved in I literally had an air mattress, two camping chairs, and my tv stand and tv. Oh and some TV trays! And I lived like that for a few weeks! You really don't need to have a "perfect" home right away. If you try, you will probably end up buying things you don't love. Plus, with a place as small as mine, it helps to measure 600 times before bringing in a big piece.

Case in point:

My bedroom
Before:

After:


Changes
- Paint (CIL Touch of Grey)
- Adult size bed
- Built in nightstand behind bed
- Reupholstered ottoman
- Shelf added
- Blind added to window (two came with condo)

My living room
Before:


After

Changes
- All new furniture
- Paint (CIL Touch of Grey)
- Shelving removed and larger art added
- Dining space added

Bathroom  
Before:


After:



 Changes
- Shelf added opposite toilet
- Glued on towel rack removed
- Jewellery pins and art added 

Front Hall
Before:
  
 After:

Changes
- Paint (CIL Touch of Grey)
- Shoe storage rast hack
- Mirrors inside closet and over fuse box added
- Rug added to protect carpet
- Reupholstered stool
- Coat bar installed in closet

Kitchen
Before:

After:



Changes
- Paint (CIL Tough of Grey)
- Magnetic knife rack added
- Papered back of shelving

Patio
Before:
 
After:

Changes
- Furniture put out!
- Seat cushions made
- Lighting added
- Rug added

Locker
Before:
I didn't have one!

After:
Changes
- Locker bought in 2012!
- Shelving added
- Hooks added from ceiling

I think this year I am going to start moving into a few "bigger" changes rather than just aesthetics. But I think when you look at over the overall condo, I have definitely come a long way in 2-3 years (and most of those I was dead broke. haha)

Overall
Before:

  After:

5 comments:

  1. Know what else has really grown with time: your photography skillz! Way to improve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually I think that has more to do with winter light than my photo skillz. eep- this winter is going to be tough with no sunlight!!

      Delete
  2. Hey there

    Love the place! I'm moving into a smaller place on Queen west in a week so I've been looking around for ideas. One question though where did you get that toronto poster!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it at the Interior Design Show, but you can get it online here: http://www.orkposters.com/toronto.html

      Delete
  3. Definitely much better, Casey! I love what you did to your balcony! The entire room looks pleasant and well-organized. The kitchen area is a bit small, but you did manage to make the most out of the space by reorganizing the utensils and other accessories in it.

    Lakisha Zimmerer

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover