Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Feeling a little grey today

Or rather, my walls are!!! Yep, this past weekend I finally bit the bullet and picked out three possible paints for my condo. I am very excited to show you the top 3 competitors in project "Paint Zee Condo!"

From the left: Snowfield, Touch of Grey, and Fine Silver.

Let's pop them open and check out the beautiful colours within!!

Ummm....they all look white! That was my reaction in the store when the paint guy showed me the final product. But I took them home and hoped that I had not been ripped off and that these actually contained grey paint.

And luckily they did! Here are the three contenders on the wall!
By the bed in artificial light: Top is Snowfield, corner is Touch of Grey, and right is Fine Silver

It is a little hard to see this as I did it at night (what can I say, I am impatient). The top sample is Snowfield, the one in the corner is Touch of Grey, and the one on the right is Fine Silver.

I took many photos in different areas of the condo and in various lighting (natural or artificial) and I want to share them here so I can get some opinions (unfortunately computers aren't the best for viewing colour, but let's try our best!)
Over the cupboard with artificial light: Left is Snowfield, middle is Touch of Grey, and right is Fine Silver

In the hallway: Top is Snowfield, middle is Touch of Grey, and bottom is Fine Silver

By the bed in sunlight: Top is Snowfield, corner is Touch of Grey, and right is Fine Silver

Over the cupboard with artificial/natural light: Left is Snowfield, middle is Touch of Grey, and right is Fine Silver
I find Snowfield to be a very warm grey compared to the other two. Touch of Grey is VERY similar, but it is cooler in tone than Snowfield. Fine Silver is darker than the other two, but also cool.

I am currently leaning towards one, but I would be interested to hear what you have to say! Which one is your favourite?

4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you're leaning towards "Touch of Grey" (am I right!?), which I really like. If you're going to do an accent wall definitely Fine Silver. Really pretty :) Vee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine silver would be amazing as an accent wall, but I like Touch of Grey for the rest of the place, won't make it look smaller which a darker colour will do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowfield with Touch of Grey for an accent wall (TV wall?)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover